About SAAFF Membership
There are three categories of membership. In order to qualify as a FULL MEMBER, a company must be in operation conducting business within the Republic of South Africa for at least six months and its core business must be international freight forwarding and/or customs clearing. The company must have a Customs Code and if VAT registered, must have a VAT number.
The second category is an ASSOCIATE MEMBER, a company that must be engaged in activities in the Republic that are closely allied or related to freight forwarding.
The third category is an AFFILIATE MEMBER which is Reciprocal Membership of various institutions. Honorary membership may be conferred on individuals in recognition of their services to the Association.
Associate and Honorary members to do not have a vote in the affairs of the Association.
Organisations qualifying for membership must become a member of SAAFF and pay the applicable annual subscription. On payment of annual membership fee – personnel from the various branches of the company’s operation may attend the meetings in the Regional Chapters. We have chapters in the following regions: Border, Eastern Cape, Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Western Cape.
Our main SAAFF office is situated in Bedfordview, Gauteng.
Available on request, please contact Margarett ter Beest on 011 455 1726 firstname.lastname@example.org
SAAFF acts on behalf of and supports its members in various areas. Members are also invited to participate in workshops
- Participation in and access to industry forums
- Access to forums for lobbying for constructive changes in the industry
- Access to and participation in industry training initiatives
- Regular updates on legislative changes and customs and tax amendments
- Global credibility in the industry
- Representation to SARS, Customs, governmental institutions on behalf of members
- Members are preferred suppliers
- Standard Trading Terms and Conditions
- FIATA Bills of Lading
- Discounted rates for the annual congress
- Access to industry experts
The process that is followed: The Applicant company will be visited by the membership team of the Regional Chapter in which the Head Office is located. On approval from the regional chapter, the application is forwarded to the membership committee for ratification and validation.
Application forms may be downloaded from the website or obtained from contact below.
For enquiries, please contact Margarett ter Beest on 011 455 1726 email@example.com